Friday, May 1, 2009

Girly Wisdom

I woke this morning and the details of my day came rushing in....
  • Where was I? I was at a conference in down-state WV and woke up in a strange place/bed.....ever get that initial "What's going on?" feeling? I had fallen asleep at the bottom of the bed and woke up there.... talk about being upside down and backwards! I had slept that way all night! :) Had me "topsy-turvy" this mornin'...
  • What day is it? Had to really study on that one....when you are away from your "normal" schedule (church on Wednesday....) you can forget remembering the day of the week!
  • What is "on my plate" for today? Well, after being in conference for three days, staying up late in anticipation for a presentation yesterday, now winding down....it was nice to realize that I could re-coupe on my four hour trip home.
No, wait! stop the presses.... there are just too many "things" to get done at home, don't know if I am ready to return! Yes, I miss my family but what about...

  • The Yard Sale I am SUPPOSE to have tomorrow that I had positively NOTHING prepared for yet!
  • The house that thinks it has been abandoned? I have not been home in so many weekends that I have completely lost track....of everything! My "lick and a promise" cleaning schedule is leaving A LOT to be desired.....I just know this is the time I shall receive a huge company crowd...doesn't it always happen that way? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE company, but would love for you to have an empty chair to sit it when you get here! Maybe a wonderful meal or dessert waiting to share with you...:) That is what makes hospitality fun!
  • My utilities that I HOPE are all paid....the stack of bills for me to sort are STILL in my mail bag....all there, just UNOPENED!
  • The Sunday School class I need to prepare to teach full of great youth who inspire me
  • The calls/visits I need to make to ill friends/family and church family
  • The songs I need to learn (to play and sing!) to keep our church praise/worship vibrant
  • The stories/thoughts I have PILED UP to begin blogs, songs and possible books (yeah, dream on Alice!)
And the list goes on (and on...(repeat!)).... but I'll stop there. You know the drill, we've all been down that road and will take the same route time and time again!

So, here I have arrived home and will "attempt" to make a "dent" in the jobs left undone on the home front. As I was catching up on my Facebook messages, (YES, that is very important and HIGH on my priority list!) I received some "GIRLY WISDOM" from a friend (thanks MA!:)). It made me laugh and I then wanted to share with YOU!

Even though life gets hectic and "We're so far behind that we think we are first" (thanks Dad for your encouraging wisdom that will go on forever!), we choose to "Seize the Day", "Accept the Challenge"...trudge on!

So let me share:
Girlie Wisdom!



1. A friend of mine confused her Valium with her birth control pills... she has 14 kids but doesn't really care.


2. One of life's mysteries is how a 2-pound box of chocolates can make a woman gain 5 lbs.


3. My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.


4. The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoe
s.

5.
The nice part about living in a small town is that when you don't know what you are doing, someone else does.

6. The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight because by then, your body and your fat are really good friends.


7. Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today...


8. Sometimes I think I understand everything, and then I regain consciousness.


9. I gave up jogging for my health when my thighs kept rubbing together and setting fire to my knickers'...


10.
Amazing! You hang something in your closet for a while and it shrinks 2 sizes!

11. Skinny people irritate me! Especially when they say things like...'You know sometimes I forget to eat!' .....Now I've forgotten my address, my mother's maiden name and my keys, but I have never forgotten to eat. You have to be a special kind of stupid to forget to eat!


12.
The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing and then they marry him.

13.
I read this article that said the typical symptoms of stress are eating too much, impulse buying, and driving too fast. Are they kidding?

That's my idea of a perfect day!


Trying to "keep it real" and "keep it light"....and trying to exceed in those two areas will "keep me busy!" Smiles to the Girly Girls! :) And guys, if you are a listening!

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha
    perfect way for me to end this day/begin a morning. :)

    ReplyDelete