Thursday, May 21, 2009

"Peanuts Wisdomh"


Wisdom. We need it. We want it. It is not easy to obtain (so we think).

Jesus says,

James 1:5
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

I LOVE when HE says "SHALL". No funny stuff, no guess work....just "IT WILL BE". Gives me chills when I think of Jesus saying this to ME!

So, is wisdom easy? With God, it can be....and he gives it liberally, (def: lavished, openhanded, beneficent)....YEAH! Plenty...enough to go around... a "limitless" supply!

A dear friend of mine (thanks WP!), sent me some "wisdomh" (that is the way it was spelled in the article, not MY ERROR! :)). It was from the philosophy of Charles Schulz, the creator of the "Peanuts" comic strip.

He asked a few questions, then pondered and asked a few MORE questions....you tell me what you think, OK?

1) Name the five wealthiest people in the world.

2) Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.

3) Name the last five winners of the Miss America pageant.


4) Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.

5) Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.

6) Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.

How did you do?

The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. BUT, the applause dies ~ Awards tarnish ~ Achievement are forgotten ~ Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.

Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:

1) List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.

2) Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.

3) Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.

4) Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special!


5) Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.

Easier?

The lesson:
The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials ~ the most money ~ or the most awards! They simply are the ones who CARE THE MOST!

Is that not a "whole lotta wisdom"? I love it when I learn.... a new technique, a new attribute, a new way of sharing. As I continue on my "quest", may I ALWAYS seek HIS wisdom.

What about YOU? Is there a "lesson in life" that has taught you something? Wisdom is definitely learned, not just "dropped in your lap"....you do your part (seeking, asking) and HE'LL do HIS! Good options!

My prayer today: Lord, help me find my way....guided by YOUR hand and help me use ALL the attributes/talents that YOU supply. And let me ask for help when I need it..... (please don't let me be "self-assured" and "pig-headed" too often!)....IJN, AMEN!

TAG: Now that we know the final outcome, do you think that we will still remember the winners from American Idol and Dancing with the Stars a few years from now? Or will their kids even care that they won such a title? Fleeting fame.... Recognition is gone almost before it is spoken.... don't hinge your life's happiness on it! You may be left behind... as life goes on and recognizes someone else.

2 comments: