Friday, May 22, 2009

The "WHOLE" Big Picture...take 2

A few days ago, I began a blog on "The BIG PICTURE". I ended it with, "and later I'll tell you the rest of the story." (How Paul Harvey of me! :)) Well, here is part 2...hope you are ready. This has been fun, with the "continuation" clause. May have to do that again...

Well, in looking "deeper" in the "viewing" element, I had to share my "WHOLE PICTURE". I showed only a part of it on the last blog...here is the WHOLE DEAL ~



Look, now you can see SO MUCH MORE! The picture now includes me, my Mom, a background....you can see what I am wearing and both my "rosy cheeks". These items were "lost, invisible" before. Now, with the "zoomed out" option, the whole idea comes to view.

WOW! Now the whole concept is interpreted correctly. My B&B friends would say, "That's Powerful"!

Years ago, I heard a poem about a weaver. The weaver worked diligently and the buyer could not purchase the fabric until the weaver had finished the product with skill and precision. If you would have looked in on the weaver/artist before they were finished, you may have not liked the final piece. Such is life. If you look at individual parts, it may not be appealing. You must step back, and take another look. Then open your eyes for the full effect... the masterpiece.

I did find this poem and liked it a lot...


Just A Weaver

by Benjamine Malachi Franklin


My life is but a weaving,
between my God and me,
I do not choose the colors,
He worketh steadily.

Ofttimes he weaveth sorrow,
and I in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper,
and I the underside.

Not till the loom is silent,
and the shuttles cease to fly,
Will God unroll the canvas,
and explain the reasons why

The dark threads are as needful
in the skillful weaver's hand
As threads of gold and silver
in the pattern He has planned.


I like the phrase, "He sees the upper, I see the underside." Scripture states that HIS ways are so far above our ways ~ past finding out.

Some things are NOT FOR ME TO KNOW. I know, I like to be "aware" of the situation, and be "kept in the loop"... but sometimes Jesus doesn't share all the answers. My hubby loves the sweet old hymn ~

By and By
When the morning comes
When all the saints are
Gone to gather home
We will tell the story
How we've overcome
And we'll understand it better
By and By

Not in this life... later. We will then see clearly, face to face, in total understanding. I can see myself saying, "Aha, that's is what it was all about... couldn't see this beauty from the other side"!

You know, life is all about perception.

Hold your head steady and fix your eyes on the dot in the center of the picture. The colored dots will seem to disappear in a few seconds. The effect is due to retinal fatigue which occurs when the afterimage of an object cancels the stimulus of the object on the retina. The effect is most pronounced when the objects do not have well-defined edges that are detectable by small eye movements.


Retinal Fatigue


Case in point, looking at the "WHOLE" BIG PICTURE offers a different view than the narrow-minded, staring in ONE SPOT option.

I really like these perception tests.... here is another one.



Just a Clown?: When looking at this illusion one can see either a clown or the entire circus. What you see depends on the position of your head. When trying to see the entire circus you should tilt your head to the left.


Open my eyes, Lord. Give me wisdom to use them for perceiving all the avenues. Help me see all the colors, I want to see all the beauty. But I must look WIDE......DEEP.

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool. I love this thought.

    And the picture of you and your mom is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoyed this . loved the picture - nila

    ReplyDelete