Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The BIG Picture


Sometimes in life, I find that I have "tunnel-vision". I see what I WANT to see... Believe what I WANT to believe. I really do not want to say that I am "narrow-minded", but there are times I don't see the "WHOLE, BIG PICTURE".

Do you find this to be true in your own life? Do we "look over" the painful parts? Ignore the warning signs? See where others need help or instruction, but cannot see our own needs?

I have often sat down to "reflect" and "take inventory". I have even asked God in prayer to help me see through his eyes... with his understanding. So much of life has to be walked by faith and hope. God knows we could not handle the journey on "his level".

Psalm 118:23
This is the LORD's doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.

Just to be able to comprehend "his level".... Beyond, Above....Amazing! I take comfort in knowing (believing) in HIS love, guidance, grace and encouragement.

There was a chorus that a young man sang when I was growing up. I do not remember his name, but I still hear the song in my mind...

Open our eyes, Lord
We want to see Jesus
To reach out and touch him

And say that we love him

Open our ears, Lord

Help us to listen

Open our eyes, Lord

We want to see Jesus


Yes, REALLY, REALLY open our "spiritual" eyes, Lord ~ Where my wants are not misinterpreted as your will ~ Where I see "growth" instead of pain ~ That I have the "right" words for the needy ~ That I offer more of myself ~ that my selfishness doesn't get in the way of a miracle.

I am really studying on these thoughts today...tomorrow may be the "rest of the story"....

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful, if slightly too small, picture of you!!!

    Lately I've been praying that God would take my blinders off so I can really see what he wants me to...read what His word is really saying...

    Thank you for saying this. And I want to hear the rest of the story.

    ReplyDelete