Saturday, May 9, 2009

Blessed .... times 3


My Mother, Rose Marie Forsythe with her "family of girls"
Emily, Rachelle, Michele, Amanda, Marlana, Danielle and Brenda
(Great Grandbaby Aliyah on Mom's lap)

My family with Momma Jean (combined brothers and sisters)
Paul, Allen, Brenda, Marlena, Suzie, David and Jerry (Walt was off helping someone!)

Mildred "Mamaw" McBride


For many, having one mother is enough. God had different plans for me and provided me with more....I have three!


I know not everyone can say that they have a good relationship with their mother-in-laws or step-mothers, but I do. They are just as dear to me as my own mother. Let me introduce them to you.

First up, my own Mom: Her name is Rose Marie Richards Forsythe. She grew up in Brooke County, WV. Wellsburg was her home throughout her youth. She married my Dad when she was 17 years old. I have two full brothers (David and Allen) and one half sister (Amanda). She suffered great loss when she lost two other daughters when I was young. Mom and Dad divorced after 19 years of marriage.

Mom is funloving, adventurous and a risk taker. I think each of us kids got these qualities from her. We are dreamers.....the creative juices don't fall far from the tree!

Next comes my Mother-in-law, Mildred "Mamaw" McBride. She came into my life at just he right moment. I was a young bride and needed lots of "training and tender care", she was the just the right Mom for the job. She instructed me on everything from cooking, cleaning to raising wonderful children. I'm so glad I listened....her wisdom is undeniable. Two "bits of wisdom" that she provided was: 1- Keep them close, they are a full-time job (AMEN!) and 2- Don't be afraid to instruct them (it will be easier coming from you than a stranger...you have the loving hand!)

When I was married for three months, my Dad remarried. Jean came into our life like a "breath of fresh air". She is an amazing woman. Suffering had been a constant in Jean's life, and she was now given the "second chance at love" just like we were....what a wonderful addition to our fold! She has said that she and Dad were like to lost souls that found each other. Jean brought me some more brothers and sisters; Jerry, Suzie, Billy (now deceased), Paul, Walt and Marlena. God allowed these two families to become "blended" and love is there....always will be!


I realize that I am complex and need lots of instruction, counsel and understanding. God knew this better than I and knew that "more than one hand" was needed to help this girl "grow to her ultimate potential", hence the three mothers. They have carried me, loved me, scolded me and been proud of me on all the right occasions.

Yes, I have been blessed in life...and in the "Mother Department" times three! That makes me extra special, right? I think so.... :D)

2 comments:

  1. This was such a sweet tribute to your three moms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realize I am equally blessed with all the motherly figures in my life! I have my own Mom, my Grandma who practically raised me as a child, my awesome stepmom, and YOU! Between the four of you, I've learned sooo much about being the woman I need and want to be. Love you =]

    ReplyDelete