Monday, May 11, 2009

Some Random Thoughts

Sometimes my mind surprises me! (Don't get too excited please, notice I said sometimes ...)

There are days when it seems like all my "pistons" are firing in a consistent, unified force! Man, I love those days! My creative juices can just simplify all the daily "slush" and actually made some sense out of it. On these days, I am in control... I am the positive, effective "troubleshooter". The normal, mundane daily requirements don't get me down....I am a leader, I am strong and I am "handling life" all by myself....and doing a pretty good job of it! I start to feel kind of "successful"....

~ WATCH OUT! ~

I have a scary NEWSFLASH for you....you are not going to be able to go on this way.....STOP and pay attention.....this trip is full of pit-falls and detours. Life isn't always in the fast, "boogey" lane... sometimes you need to slow down or a CRASH will be on the horizon!

Who can handle life all by themselves? You? Nope...not me either!

I woke up this morning to many wonders....some of them being...

Electricity.... my refrigerator kept my milk cold that I poured onto my LIFE Cereal (my favorite besides hot oats!), the lights came on in my dark house (since Jr rises BEFORE morning light, around 5 AM), we ironed our clothes

Gas... my shower was taken in nice, warm water thanks to the hot-water tank that heated it to a perfect temperature while I slept, Jr's eggs that I fried for his lunch (He likes eggs sandwiches for lunch, fried crispy and hard!), I turned on the furnace for a bit ~ since the temperature was a little nippy

Food... there was plenty of "options" in the refrigerator and in the cupboard (juice, apples, toast, jelly, peanut butter, tea, bacon, hash-browns...)

Beauty Supplies... I reached for soap, cream, deodorant, tooth-paste, lip gloss, hairspray, tweezers, mirrors, hair clips...

Clothing... what to wear? So many options....should I dress casual, casual-dressy, or all out professional? No meetings today, just desk-work....I opted for the casual (Thank God for a place to work where I have that option!).

These were just a few of the "necessities" of life that are just "THERE". I didn't have to work for them...AMAZING! Of course they come with a price (I MUST pay the utility bills!), but they are just THERE! I don't have to milk the cow, run the mill for electricity, spin my own cloth, make my own clothes, bake bread every day, raise my own chickens....and the list is endless. OTHERS do so much for me! And these are folks that I probably will never meet or get to thank!

I also thought of the "FREE" benefits of life...the ones that come from our God Almighty.... "Just Because" gifts that I love so much!

Oxygen... breath in, breath out....Yep, lungs are enjoying the workout....fresh and revitalizing.

Love... my honey gave me hugs and kisses before he left for the job....how cute he is and how blessed I am!

Happiness Peace & Joy ... even though I will be doing many jobs today and needing much help, I feel happy and complete in HIM. It surely passes all understanding.

Health... yes, I feel good today! No pain, really thankful for a sound body and mind. Hope to keep it so and put it to good use!

Eternal Life... Can NEVER get over this gift from God. What did I ever do to deserve an "eternal life" option? Nothing....Nada....not one iota of work or success could merit this!

Yes, I am thankful, grateful and humbled by this great world... It is beautiful! Enjoy it today! Smell the flowers, drink in the landscape, watch a bird.... what a wonderful world!

Psalm 118:24
This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

I wrote this blog today after I got to work and was treated unfairly by an employee. After reflection, I realized ~ I will not let these "feelings" guide me, I will guide my feelings. I put my mind in reflective mode and I feel better already.....hope it works for you too!

Count your blessings, name them one-by-one....County your MANY blessings, see what GOD has done!

2 comments:

  1. Thank God for these many blessings! You're so right. The very smallest things we think about are such a huge gift. Thanks for reminding us.

    Do you need me to come take care of that employee?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome little one! No, I will just take care of that employee....kill them with kindness....I'll let you know if that does not do the trick! BS:)

    ReplyDelete