Sunday, May 17, 2009

Swing Me!

My little Grand-daughter (Aliyah, a.k.a. "Sissy") came for a surprise visit. I had not seen her in a month...and four weeks is a LONG time for Nanna and Sissy to be apart! Will she forget me? Will she remember us? Me and Pappy are just "adoring" this GRANDPARENTS trek!

When she arrived, she ran to me with open arms. A big smile upon her face...total trust and happiness on her little cherub face! We played in-doors due to the thunderstorms outside. BUT, yesterday afternoon, we took a trip (8 miles) to Mamaw and Papaw's house (to see Great-Grandparents Mildred and Glen & Aunt Karen).

Guess what? Papaw had taken one of Sissy's swings and put it up in the big Sugar Maple Tree out front! Well, the rain had stopped, so we wiped off the seat and Sissy went for a spin. The excitement on her face was astounding to watch! With each "push", you could see her gear up for a fun feeling! What wonder.... I loved just watching her.







She has total trust in us. She loves us unconditionally. She depends on us for EVERYTHING. A little child....I want to be more like that with my heavenly father!

2 comments:

  1. What a little dolly. So glad you had that time with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is so beautiful! and how true it is that it is unconditional love! let us learn from her!

    ReplyDelete