Friday, April 10, 2009

Worth the wait

Right now, it seems like everyone is saying, "Where is Spring?" With the long Winter, it seems like Spring has been a long time comin'. There is nothing like the look of "green". When the yard and trees start to color....Forsythia bushes (the yellow ones!) bloom here first in WV. They are already radiant against the background of brown. Red Buds bloom next (they look purple to me, but whoever named them must have been colorblind? maybe?). The apple trees and dogwood are giving us some flowers in anticipation....Color is coming back!

Yes, we have to "wait" on so many things, the "Seasons" are an important one. Cannot plant the gardens until the right "sign". Have to "wait" until school is out before you can plan a long vacation with the kids. Look how long it takes to get a child...nine months....long "wait"!

We "wait" to be old enough to drive, date, marry, get rich, retire, go on a long deserved vacation...the list is endless.....

Oh, but once the waiting is over....NICE.

I like the song (sorry, seems like all my blogs thoughts are tied to songs...oh well, songs come from thoughts....hey, that's a "thought loop"!) "Waitin on a woman" sung by Brad Paisley.

The lyrics go like this:

And I don't guess we've been anywhere
She hasn't made us late I swear
Sometimes she does it just 'cause she can do it
Boy it's just a fact of life
It'll be the same with your young wife
Might as well go on and get used to it
She'll take her time 'cause you don't mind
Waitin' on a woman.

I've read somewhere statistics show
The man's always the first to go
And that makes sense 'cause I know she won't be ready
So when it finally comes my time
And I get to the other side
I'll find myself a bench, if they've got any
I hope she takes her time, 'cause I don't mind
Waitin' on a woman.

(Watch the video for yourself...cute! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuiXKjuw1xs)

Although life seems to be one big "waiting room", we will get to "Arrive" someday. Our goal will be reached....Heaven. Wow, just the sound of it makes you want to go there.





The old song (here I go again!)

It will be worth it all when we see Jesus
Life's trials will seem so small
When we see Christ
One glimps of HIS dear face
All sorrow he'll erase
So bravely run this race, til we see Christ

So, we'll continue to "wait" until the answer comes....waiting is not easy, but soooo worth it! I waited on a good hubby, and have been blessed ever since.

What are you waiting on? A blessing, a need? Or just a resting spot in heaven? Let me know...I would like to know if your heart "reflects" mine.....until then, ENJOY TODAY! It is your only shot for NOW....

No comments:

Post a Comment