Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Daddy's Home


(I intentionally created this blog early on. Just knew that if something happened to "Daddy", I would not feel like writing that day....so, here is the blog I created, knowing that one day I would push the "post" button...)

All I can say is, "Daddy's Home". Later, after the grief and heartache is past, I will tell you some great, funny facts about my Dad. For now, these words will echo my thoughts:

(“Daddy’s Home” was written by Karen Peck Gooch. It is from the 1993 album by the same name. This song was written shortly after the passing of Karen’s father.)

As a child I’d gaze out the window
And wait for Daddy to come home
He made our lives complete
Gave us strength, security‘cause Daddy’s home, Daddy’s home

Now Daddy’s gone with Jesus
His love remains a memory
He waits at Jesus’ side
With his arms open wide
Saying come on in my child your Daddy’s home
Daddy’s home, Daddy’s home
A crown he’s been given‘cause he stood great and strong
Hand in hand with Jesus, around the throne
Daddy’s home, Daddy’s home

I long for that land so free
Now heaven is sweeter to me
I know he can’t come back
But I can go to him
‘Cause Daddy’s home, ‘round God’s throne, Daddy’s home

Daddy’s home, Daddy’s Home
A crown he’s been given
Because he stood brave and strong
Hand in hand with Jesus
Around the throne
Daddy’s home, Daddy’s home

Daddy went home to be with Jesus at 7:35 AM on April 15, 2009.

6 comments:

  1. Grieving and rejoicing all at once...so glad he isn't suffering any longer. So sad that you no longer have him here.

    You and yours are in our thoughts and prayers.

    Love you so much.
    Little Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, I know you are feeling such a great loss with Paul being gone but focus on the many years you had WITH him and all the wonderful things you did together. Remember all the things that made him so wonderful and such a wonderful dad. You do also have the joy in knowing that he is in heaven with God and you will see him again. I wish I could say all of this about my dad but I can't. Paul was a great man. You are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing and trusting the God will allow your wonderful memories to wash over you with joy and gladness as He holds you in His arms. Will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you all. I know it is not an easy process at all. Please know that there are others out there that care and are praying for you!

    God Bless-
    Cylinda Nickel

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart goes out to you and I'm praying for you. May God fill you with peace and shower you with love.

    Knowing that your Dad is no longer suffering, that he is home with the Lord and that you will see him again one day will give you strength.

    I lost my Dad a few years ago - I still miss him terribly. That doesn't go away. But knowing he's with the Lord brings me comfort.

    I've asked God to hold you close and whisper his love to you.

    I enjoy your reading your blog. You are a very gifted writer.

    Love,

    Savita

    ReplyDelete
  6. IT'S BEEN A JOY / PRIVELAGE TO BE A PART OF THIS FAMILY!
    I NEVER DREAMED WHEN I MARRIED INTO IT THAT THERE WOULD BE SO MANY ADDED BLESSINGS THAT I WOULD RECEIVE AND BE PART OF....!
    SAME THING WHEN I JOINED GODS FAMILY...! NOTHING LIKE IT....!

    ReplyDelete