Saturday, April 4, 2009

Singing in the rain


Woke up this morning to the sound of thunder. April showers are definitely here! Should I rise or not rise? The sounds of the distant "thunder rumble" is lulling me back to my slumbering place.....a place where all is content and wonderful....it's like a water bed without the seasick feeling....I can stay here..... all is well and joyous.... till the alarm clock starts irritatingly ringing! Why do we have to arrise at 5 AM? Seems inhumane on a day like this!

But, my hubby is up early, as always, getting ready for work, doing his morning workout ritual. He falls asleep and wakes up FAST! You can be talking to him and when he doesn't answer, you hear his snore...yep, he fell asleep...just like that! AMAZING! In the morning, before his feet hit the floor, I hear him say, "Thank you Lord for another day!" Now for me, it is an entirely different story...

I cannot even find my voice box when I first arise. Hubby has learned to interpret my mubblings....really funny! Three short mmmm,mmmm,mmmm, means I love you. Uhuh, UUah stand for "Yes" and "No". He "gets" me....

When my feet first hit the floor, my eyes are barely open. For me, it takes a full "cycle" for me to become "fully" awake. I describe it like a computer rebooting....first the brain gets a nudge, then each of my faculties begin to fire, none of them wanting to outdo the other...they are not zealous and have to be first up to bat! I am usually going about my morning ritual by rote before my brain finally becomes functional and says "oh, I'm awake!" It is then like I am "firing on all pistons" at once.....watch out, here I come! Full steam ahead...

When my girls were small, hubby said he would watch me go from a deep sleep, to walking across the room when one of the girls would just whimper in their sleep....It's the "mother's inner sense" coming to life....we just "know" when we are needed and respond accordingly, by natural instinct we nurture, divide and conquer for our children. I am thankful for my motherly instincts, they are a blessing!

Seems like life can be our "wake up call". How we respond is up to us! Yes, we have to take responsibility for our daily actions AND reactions. We may be the type that jumps up and takes charge, or lays back and "picks up steam" on the down-hill track. Whichever type you are, we just need to eventually "open our eyes" and wake up! If you are kindhearted, sometimes it is painful to open your eyes to the situations that surround us. I must confess, I have that problem. When a situation effects me deeply, I have the "kick into overdrive, fix it syndrome". The "troubleshooting" part of my personality takes over and I WILL find a solution! But, sometimes after working so hard towards an answer or solution and do not see ANY change or positive results, I get tired or so hurt that I "want to go back to sleep to escape the hurt". Been there too?

In my "pull the covers over my head times", the Bible is my greatest encourager! The scripture always increases my faith and lightens my "outlook".

Philippians 4:6-7 says:

6Be careful (anxious, worried) for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

We are all looking for the "peace that passeth all understanding", and it can be found in taking all our needs to the Lord. Then can we find rest for our souls, hope in troubled times! We won't want to miss out on the rain! Rain has it's benefits...

A couple of years ago, my hubby bought me a plaque that says, "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain." I am trying to aspire to his thought. It has not been easy, but I have found that all "good plans for success" in life are a work in progress. I have always loved the term, "Singing in the rain".....trying to literally make a melody in the downpour!

As always, let me hear from you! I have set up a "Followers" link, please take the time to join with me and celebrate our "reflective hearts". Your story is important, share and you will be blessed! Can't wait to hear from you...:)

2 comments:

  1. this is excellent, brenda. thanks for the encouraging words.

    hilarious that glen "gets" you and your mumbles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey LS,

    I am sooo excited....2 followers! it is great fun! Yes, my sweet hubby is my "other half" and his understanding of me is incredible! He didn't even have to take a foreign language class to interpret my morning lingo....that's divine for sure! S&G:)

    ReplyDelete