Thursday, April 23, 2009

Inspiration...from a guest

I got you guessing, right? Who could I have asked to be a guest on my blog today? The possibilities are endless, but I won't keep you guessing for long...

When I was meditating today, the word "Inspiration" came to mind.

Definition: (noun)
* A driving influence directly and immediately exerted up the mind and soul
* Something inspired, as an idea
* Result of an inspired activity
* A person or thing that inspires
* The divine quality of the writings or words of a person so influenced

To be "Inspired" also means: (adjective)
* Animated, quickening, or imbued by the spirit to do something

To "Inspire" is my favorite: (verb)
* To communicate or suggest by a divine or supernatural influence: inspired by God
* To "inhale", to "breath into or upon"

Oh, the power of inspiration! Job 32:8 says, "But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding." I love "Godly" inspiration. I love to be animated, quickened in my spirit, having the ability to "inhale" the Godly wisdom and understanding. That comes from above....heavenly inspiration! A breath of fresh air!



I asked our dear friend Mark Condon about his inspiration. Yes, he is my guest here today! If you haven't been touched by his music (where do you live, on Mars?), you need to check out his resources at www.markcondoniclub.com or about him at www.markcondon.com.

His answers were definitely "inspiring":)

1. Who inspires you the most (person)? Everyone inspires me one way or the other. They either inspire me to get going or they may inspire me to never act like that! HA everything is feedback for me and I love it!!!

2. When did you first feel inspired? umm, When I was in my teens and I watched my parents and the way they handled life. They were great coaches! I learned early on that it is in my hands on how I want to handle life!

3. Where do you derive your inspiration from? The greatest source is God and His word obviously but I am a driven reader. I consume anything that makes me better. I have placed habits in my life to read every morning before I get going at least one chapter of a great book! I am not much of a novel reader. Only 4 new habits a year will be 20 new habits in 5 years. That will change anyone's life.

4. What ways have you found to inspire others with the greatest success? There all kinds of ways to inspire people but I think consistency gives you the loudest voice! Music, speaking, and any media like FB, Newsletters or any way you have influence. The world hears enough junk so why not spread something to help people.

(Thank you Mark for your "Inspirational" words! Appreciate how you share with us...on a continual basis, through your anointed singing and songwriting. Praying that the pen never runs dry.... and the inspiration keeps coming from above, in abundance!)

Some people can inspire....really move us with songs, preaching, examples in loving. There are many ways and avenues to be an inspiration. It's time to find YOUR way to inspire....sit down and do a "consult with YOURSELF"....where can I apply the most positive influence? Who can I touch and what method would be most effective? God can direct, lead, guide and provide us with the tools necessary for the task. Full package deal.... We just need to share the inspiration HE gives with others...and they share with others....full circle! The gift the keeps on giving....




I have a final "story to tell'. My Grandpa, Thomas Forsythe, loved music. No....you don't understand....he LOVED MUSIC! After trying, he realized that loving music was not enough... he did not have the ability to sing or play any musical instrument! You would think that this would have caused heartache and severe disappointment to him. No, Grandpa found ANOTHER way to be a blessing. His ten grandchildren (with my Grandma Minnie) all went to church from their youth up! (Yes, I was on the church pew when I was 3 days old!) I was #9. Sharon, Gary, Ronnie, Marla, David, Timmy, Allen, Nila & Randy rounded out the "10". When each of us became old enough to express interest, Grandpa would ask us what musical instrument we desired to play. From accordions to trumpets, saxophones, drums, guitars, tambourines...you name it, we asked for it! Off to the music shop or pawn shop he would go. Beautiful instruments for each of us! I remember when he asked me my "instrument of choice".....of course I said, "Accordion"! It didn't matter that there were four other players in our small church, it was what every girl was doing, so I followed suit!

The band was large in those days. In our small block church (Wellsburg, WV, UPC), the music "rang out"! and Grandpa would be smiling from the back row....so proud and happy for the sounds (noise? Oh well, Jesus said to "Make it Joyful", so we stayed Biblical for sure!) The organ, piano, electric keyboard, guitar, 3 saxophones, 2 or 3 trumpets, 4 (at least) accordions, drums, bongos, and tambourines (too many to number!) completed the band. And did we have a time! Oh mercy, my ears are still ringing with the heavenly sound......when we said we would "declare it to the next generation", we were serious, the sound is still reverberating! Echoing to us today! What joy came when we played and sang with inspiration and anointing!

Grandpa was an inspiration. Many may not have abilities, but they can "inspire.....breath inspiration into or upon" others. His "gift" was not any less than the most talented of musicians or singers. Sharing the gift in ministry is the inspiration. He was my inspiration.

Think hard, look deep. Find your inspiration somewhere...and when you do.....share it! The joy comes in the "giving" of the inspired thought, deed or word. Try it...and let me know that results.....can't wait to hear from you!

1 comment:

  1. what a great post! fun guest!

    i LOVE the story of your grandpa. that is so touching. and inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete