Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Revisions to the Revisions



This time of year is GHASTLY for the State/Federal agencies. Your life gets taken over by the dreaded word...

BUDGETS

I wonder why my already "filled-to-overflowing" mind gets confused when my mind goes something like this...

I am working on budget revisions for 2009 and budgets for 2010. How can I remember what year it is when I am ALWAYS working for next year, or last year, or 'what year is it anyways?" I actually had to take a minute and study hard to remember what year it actually was. If someone were evaluating my mental status and would ask me to tell what day/year it is, I don't know if I could remember! Does that qualify me for a disability? I think I'll take that option today.....

Not only do I have my own office a mess, my PC had given me some trouble, so I found another that worked for me....giving me the opportunity to mess up ANOTHER office. If I can get ahead enough, I will HAVE to take a whole day just to get back on track...but what if I don't have time to do that? Does that mean I get a third office so I can feel "organized" again?

Don't mean to poke fun at the worksplace, but sometimes...

I do thank God for my job. I work with kind, loving, hard-working people. That is a plus and bonus in itself.

Just the stress of life... It gets crazy when my sleep is interrupted by the adding of a column over and over and over in my dreams. They always add up the same... why do I have to re-do that same column 1,000 times (at least that is the way it seems!).

Days will get better. I remember being overwhelmed on some days when time crunches and project were due and overdue! After considering some things, I realized that everyone feels these pressures most of the time...it's not just me! I can do this because everyone else is making it happen! A 'pep-talk' was what I needed and sometimes I had to give them to myself!

Consider this your pep-talk for the day... YOU CAN DO IT! YOU CAN SUCCEED! How do I know? If I can do it, ANYONE CAN! Hold on... the ride may be bumpy but the rewards are 'out of this world'.

2 comments:

  1. This is my life at this very moment! And what year are we in again?? I actually had to make sure from our accountant not to long ago. We need really long vacations!!

    -Vic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cartoon!!! And girl, this makes me stressed for you! You can do it! And then your brain can breathe for a while. :) On vacation. With me. Yeehaw!

    ReplyDelete