Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hide and Seek


This scripture passage reminds me of the children's game "Hide and Seek". When we were younger, I remember playing this game repeatedly with my brothers and cousins. I had such anticipation... wanted the best hiding place so NO-ONE could find me. Once I hid so well, that as darkness fell, they could not find me and frantically called my name. It was nice, I was in a safe place and did not want to come out...

Ever been there? In a SAFE place? A place where the torrents of life cannot beat down on you, a place of refuge? The cleft in the rock?

Many times I have run to the cleft... it welcomed me every time! The elements of life were unable to hard me there. I was able to re-coup, come out unharmed, receive rest and restoration.

Today, I want to encourage you to "Run Away" sometimes. Not from life, but from the "storms that brew" and find shelter, safety and love in the "Hiding Place".

Psalm 119:114-116 (King James Version)

114Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.

115Depart from me, ye evildoers: for I will keep the commandments of my God.

116Uphold me according unto thy word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope.

As you Hide, I hope you Seek. Hide in HIM, Seek his face... HIS protection... HIS answers. Seek and ye shall find....rest for your weary soul!

The key is to run TO HIM, not AWAY from HIM. Allowing him to be your help... "All of my help cometh from the Lord". Can you say that? In all truthfulness and honesty?




He who dwells in the Shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. Psalms 91:1

No comments:

Post a Comment