Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Journal: Saturday, June 27, 2009 continued

After our long day with all the driving and "packing and unpacking", we decided to go out for dessert... ice cream was at the top of the list!



Anyone for Ice Cream?


I told you in a previous post that Handel's Ice Cream in Fishers, IN was the BEST! And I was NOT fibbing!





What flavor do you want? What's your choice after looking at this?.... I think my favorite is something like "Chocoholics Dream" or it could be called "Death by Chocolate"!


I looked up the store online...here it is... http://www.handelsicecream.com/inthenews/index.html. They have most of their locations in Ohio, but a few in Pennsylvania, Indiana, Virginia and California.


The line for Handel's is ALWAYS long. Part of the charm. I think we probably only had to wait for 45 minutes.. this time!




Sissy got a little restless and "Papa" Chris was making her laugh/giggle with his funny noises.


We got Sissy her fist "baby cone"...Vanilla! At first she did not know what to do with it, but once she tasted that smooth, cool texture, she was hooked just like the rest of us!



It was the perfect ending to the perfect day! God had allowed us to travel safely. We were so thankful and grateful for his protection and blessings.

Proves what I have known all along. God is the best and he sure loves families!

1 comment: