Thursday, July 9, 2009

I'm glad they don't like me...


Yesserie, I was talking to my boss the other day. He is a Godly, friendly man with a GREAT family! They are some of the kindest, soft-hearted, giving people you could ever meet.

In our conversation, we were speaking of some people in life that you/me meet that do not like us! It doesn't matter what we do, how kind we are, how much love we show...they just cannot speak our name in a good light. As we were discussing one such person, my boss said, "I'm glad they don't like me!". At first this took me back... why, we are SUPPOSE to be so good, Godly and "shine the light right" that all men will see God in us and glorify our father in heaven, right?

He proceeded to say, "If they liked me, then I would know that I was doing something wrong...I don't want to be this "caliber" of person."

What a true statement. MANY did not accept or like Jesus when he walked here on earth. He even told us that "many will hate/despise you for my sake". I know sometimes people will not like me...and who was I to think that I could "win them over" when Jesus could not? Do I have the dynamic, ultimate personality that can 'crack the shell' around some one's heart? NOOOOO!

Jesus let's us make up our own minds, use our own wills to lead us....

So, just because I want to please Jesus, doesn't mean everybody does. That's OK. Their choice. This new thought is just going to make it easier on me.... I won't take so much time trying to 'jump through the hoops' with some who cannot accept loving kindness...I'll just say, "I'm GLAD they don't like me".... and pray they have a change of heart some day and start to!

1 comment: