Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Looking for JOY




Today I want my life to be full of MANY THINGS... love, kindness, hope, faith, gladness, caring, contentment and JOY!

Without JOY, life has a void. There is an empty place that searches... many people do not quite figure out what they are searching for... they can try all manner of experiences in life. The answer is simple. JOY.

What is joy? Delight. Hapiness. Bliss. Elation.

Where can I find it?

You can find it in the 'simple pleasures' of life. The simpilest and truest form comes from God. This is the ONLY JOY that is never-ending... the "fulness of joy" category...

Psalm 16:11Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Other 'fleeting moments' that bring us joy come to an end; like a baby's smile, a tender touch, a hug, flowers blowing in the wind. You experience them and keep looking, because you desire to see/feel another 'burst' of JOY!

How is joy shown? How is it manifest?

Leaping...

Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.


Singing...

Psalm 33:1
Sing joyfully to the LORD
, you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to praise him.


Shouting...

Psalm 33:3
Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy.


Dancing...

Psalm 30:11
You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,



Anthing worth having is worth 'seeking after'. Today I seek JOY! In it's fulness, filled with singing, shouting and leaping.

I have always said I will be so happy to get to heaven that I will "SKIP" all over the place! And that is what I really want to do... skip, leap, run, dance, shout, holler, laugh, smile, giggle.... feel the JOY!

May I be able to rise above the troubles here to experience HIS JOY today... then be able to share it... hapiness is infectuous you know!

1 comment: