Monday, July 6, 2009

Best of Friends



Friends

–noun
1.a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard

2.a person who gives assistance; supporter

3.a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile: Who goes there? Friend or foe?

Just looking back on the few short years I have lived (although I am "middle-aged", I still feel young!), I recall some of my best friends.

Over the next few days, I am going to "NAME NAMES"! Telling you of some of my friends, what they have meant to me, how they encouraged me....

Recently, I have "re-connected" with a few. It has been fabulous. Many of them are living 'Far, Far' away, but somehow, we have been able to cross-paths again. Fate? Like a miracle? I like to think by "Grand Design"... or Heaven's Purpose.

So, as I start to share my friends through the years, I want you to think about yours! Remembering precious memories is very therapeutic. By recalling the good times, fun times, crazy times and who was with us (our comrades in crime!), we realize how many wonderful people have 'been there' for us...through good, bad, or 'down' times... consistently. That SAFE feeling we get when we are together. Picking up the conversation after MANY years and not missing a beat...

Today, I remember. Today, I seek to find someone who I was once close to. I will call them, send them a letter, write them a "Thank You Note"... just want them to know that they have made a difference in my life...that they are important... if for no other reason than to help me get through life a little easier.

How about you? Is there someone who has come to mind lately that you would like to 'look-up' again? Give it a try... as I was writing this today, I thought of someone that I needed to send a card to....hope you feel the same way!

Til' tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment