Monday, July 13, 2009

Am I Important?


How important are you? To your children, your spouse, your parents, your friends...

I'm sure you could think of a zillion, million ways that these people would miss you if you were not around.

But how important are you to God? When I ask that question, do you get positive or negative thoughts? I sure hope they are positive!!! We need to have a positive view of God's love for us. Very easy to think bad of ourselves... this does not please God!

Think of it like this, how does you earthly parents feel about you? Good, godly parents will give you 'unconditional love'. You mess up, they keep loving... you act badly, they keep loving (even if some correction is thrown in there when needed, you know you are loved!!).

We are such NEEDY people... needing reassurance, direction, support and love CONTINUALLY! Jesus made us and knows human nature... he "Gets" us.

In needed to be reminded, here are some scriptures that only 'begins' to tell us his great love for us...my favorite is John 3:16:

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

He gave his only son... that should say it all right there!!!

Here is some more:

GENESIS 1:26-27; PSALM 8:3-8

26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

3When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;

4What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

5For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

6Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:

7All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;

8The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.

God made us in his image or likeness, the first sign of the value he places on us. No other creature on earth is made in the image of God. The second sign of the value God places on us is that he placed people over all creatures on earth.

PSALM 139:13-16; JEREMIAH 1:5

13For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

14I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

15My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

16Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

5Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

God made us with great skill; he crafted us with loving care. He showed how much value he places on us by the way he made us.

PSALM 139:17

17How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!

Almighty God thinks wonderful thoughts about us all the time. He looks inside of us and sees our real value.

PSALM 139:1-3, 6

1O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.

2Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.

3Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.

God values you so much that he watches over you no matter where you are or what you are doing. This truly is wonderful, too wonderful to believe. But it tells you how special he thinks you are. God cares about everything we do because he loves us so much.

1 CORINTHIANS 6:19-20

19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.


God values you so much that he even allows your body to become a temple in which he lives. God does not need to live in you. He can live anywhere. But by choosing to live within you, he declares you his temple, his dwelling place. What a great value he places on you to do that!

GALATIANS 3:26; GALATIANS 4:7

26For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

7Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.


God values you so much that he thinks of you as his child.

MATTHEW 28:20

20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

God promises to be with us always; why would he want to be with us if he didn’t value us?

Take a look in the mirror and ask yourself... How important am I to God? If you get the right answer, you will be rejoicing all day long....YOU ARE LOVED!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment