Saturday, July 18, 2009

Promises

Yesterday, after a long period of dryness, the rain came. I was visiting my step-mother and we were returning home from a great afternoon of shopping, visiting and (of course!) eating. All of a sudden, Jean saw the rainbow. We stopped the car and just sat a few moments in amazement. How totally awesome!

Rainbows remind me of the promises of God. I know that many have taken this symbol and used it for their own representation, but I KNOW what the true meaning is... GOD IS STILL WITH US!

The original definition from God Almighty still stands:

Genesis 9:15-17 (New International Version)

15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."

God hasn't forgotten us! He still reminds us... in the same ways he always has.

Open your heart today... hear his voice, know his love, feel his communication. It's there... it has been all along.

2 comments:

  1. Brenda, Not too many people know this but, when the doctors told me that they lost my husband & they could not save him.....I ran to his side to see him. He was lying there with the white sheet over him......I literly lost it!!!!! When I looked up there was a vivid, beautiful rainbow accrosed him & the white sheet. It was as if God spoke to me & said it was ok.... he was with him & he was going to keep his promises to me & take care of me. Instantly there was a great PEACE that came into the room. I could feel God's presence.
    That's what helped me get through that time. God has kept his promise!!! & He has been FAITHFUL & so GOOD to ME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Promises and Peace go hand in hand! I too am sooo thankful for both! thanks for sharing this precious story of strength with us all! HE knows how to hold us, care for us and protect us! The very best...

    ReplyDelete