Friday, July 31, 2009

Change


With the last elections, CHANGE seemed to be the buzz word. Many felt hope and excitement when the word was uttered. For me, I was skeptical and knew that things would probably get worse before they got better.

This week, some major changes has hit our lives. As I pondered the future, I realized that life is full of change. Many times these events are "earth-shattering", other times peaceful and needed.

I began to contemplate some changes happening in the lives of those around me:

~ Job losses

Even though MANY are loosing their jobs in this economy, I met a girl who moved here from New Hampshire. She worked with me for three weeks on a WV WorkForce program. I made a few calls to some old friends, by the fourth week, she began work at the local bank. God is good and can still "remove obstacles" to give you a job. YOU ARE HIS CHILD YOU KNOW! Talk about clout!

Then I also read in the paper where the Ormet plant up the river is closing... 1,000 jobs GONE.

~ Health Problems

Right now, there are more health problems in our family and friends than ever before! And the young are getting hit as much as the old. When kids in their 20's and early 30's are diagnosed with cancer, brain diseases, spinal deformities.... when some older ones have all forms or cancer (prostate, esophagus and breast). You realize that change can come at ANY time...

~ Financial Hardships

Not only is the job market making things financially hard, but the cost of basic needs... shelter, utilites, food, gas, cars.... all SKYROCKETING! When will it end? Think again...

Wars, rumors of wars. Job losses. Sicknesses. Social degradation.

Where is the happiness found in all of this? The hope?

The scripture says:

1 Corinthians 15:51-53 (New International Version)

51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed

52in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

53For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.

What a change!

Everything is going to be different real soon. When we are CHANGED, a new day begins.

So, as changes happen here, until he comes, I will be prepared. I will continually look above, where my help comes from.

I love the ole Andrea Crouch song:

It won't be long, til we'll be leavin' here

It won't be long, we'll be goin' home

Count the years as months

Count the months as weeks

Count the weeks as days

Any day now, we'll be going home!

You ready for the BIG CHANGE? I sure hope so. I hope you are waiting for this change with much excitement and anticipation!

Lift up your head, your redemption draweth nigh!

3 comments:

  1. This puts all the scariness into perspective. Thanks for that.

    Praying about all the changes in your life. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen bren,we are going through the revelation series dvds with Bro. Baxter every wed night.We have really been enjoying these.so exciting!!! luv ya nila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Defiantly, signs of the times are every where! (I believe he's coming like a theif in the night) but, He is also giving us signs to be ready......people are just not reading the signs! They "choose" to ignore the signals. Yes, "It won't be long!"
    Thanks Bren

    ReplyDelete