Monday, June 1, 2009

Which way?


WOW! What would you do in this case? Think the policeman would give you a citation if you did which one? Both?

Feels a lot like life, right? Should I, or shouldn't I? Stay or Go? Take it or Leave it? Yell or Shut up? Cry or Smile...

In relationships, love and loyalty makes you stay when sometimes the situation is never going to improve and you should leave. Then SOMETIMES, the situation does turn around and things get better. When you are a Christian, I believe you have great faith that God will change circumstances to your betterment. Sometimes he does and says yes, and sometimes he says NO.

If you decide to walk away from a very hurtful, abusive (physically, mentally, psychologically....) relationship, why do you blame yourself over the exit? Like it was somehow all your fault? If you know you did all you could do to satisfy your mates' wants and desires, you have given all that is humanly possible to give. .. there is nothing else to give, not even your guilt. To top it off, if someone is in a relationship to just RECEIVE, the union will never be solvent or longstanding. Acceptance, Giving and Understanding are the keys that hold trusting, honest unions together, NOT Blame, Selfishness and Unthoughtful acts. I guess some people's definitions or love and commitment are different from mine.

Changing the rules....I cannot abide someone who changes the rules... CONTINUALLY! Like a parent who can never say they are proud of a child's accomplishments, they just point out the errors ~ Or a boss who is forever setting the standards higher so you cannot obtain a goal ~ Or a friend who is forever putting you down to make themselves look better. Rule Changing breads discontent and bitterness.... nothing there that I want to plant in my life! Oh my, I am on a "soap box".... better jump down for now....just REALLY get RILED when anyone THRIVES on making others belittled. Surely not how my Jesus treats others or US!

So, when we are confused and don't know which way to go....what then? We pray, seek spiritual guidance, listen for HIS answers (they come in MANY forms) and then we obey. Whatever the answer is, we concede. His ways are not like ours. His thoughts are not like ours. AND HE wants the very best for us.

I was thinking upon a couple of relationships today. Both of these ladies had endured abusive relationships. God had allowed them freedom from their past and such joy was now possible for them. HE opened up a whole new, un-abusive world for them. That is LOVE. For someone, anyone, to say that it was not God's will for them to depart from these unions, I have to disagree. HE knows what we can take and just as we fight to keep our children happy, safe and cared for, HE does the same.

I rejoice in his leading, his direction. May I also rejoice when others are given direction and leading also. We want to be heading in the right direction.

Right or Left? Up or Down? May I use every possible spiritual avenue given by God to make the decisions I need to make. And may I be SO CAREFUL in the answers and counsel I give another. They deserve heaven's best, just as well as I do.

2 comments:

  1. Bren, I've been so busy, I finally took the time to catch up with you . I loved the pitures of Aliyah BY the fireplace (priceless) lol,.. so funny!! and the blog about the women in bad relationships. I look up to them so much,for having the courage to leave........nila

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so good! You go ahead and get on your soap box~ it's always great when you do.

    ReplyDelete