Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Journal entry: June 23, 2009

Today is Tuesday, June 23, 2009.

I have told my children that I have started this blog. I hope that something written here will encourage them in the years to come. Why? Because it is my "written journal" ONLINE! When I am gone, they will no doubt find pieces of "thoughts" written down in many places.... my purse, my Bible, in my desk. These thoughts will not command their attention like these completed articles. When they are missing me or need answers, MAYBE I have written a blog that will direct them, give them hope, encourage them... even when I am not HERE for them any longer.

So, today I am going to "journalize" my day for posterity.

I awoke at 5:40 AM. This is the usual waking time for me. I did find it odd though that Jr (my name for my gorgeous hubby Glenville Paul McBride, Jr.) was not up yet! He sets the clock for 5:00 AM every morning, gets up when it goes off and jumps in the shower. It takes me a few minutes to awake and I usually arrise around 5:30. Well, today it was ME who said, "Honey, time to get up." This only happens when he is SUPER TIRED...this must be one of those mornings.

We will go about our morning routine, I will prepare his lunch bucket (fried egg sandwiches for his lunch), kiss him goodbye. Jr does not have to be at work until 7:00 AM, but prides himself on getting there early. Today he will not be the "earliest bird" there, but he is on his way!

Every morning I have to "prioritize" my day in my "head". What is the projects that have to be done TODAY? These are brought to the fore-front. They are stamped in big letters in the front of my brain so I will not miss completing them. Not to say that there have been times that I have missed a deadline! No, never fear, I am human...:)

Today I must complete my information packets for my agency's Board meeting this week. We usually meet on the 4th Monday of each month, but this month is special. Our meeting will be held on Thursday at the senior center of a neighboring county. It is time for our Annual Board Training from our regional office, so we will meet in Ritchie County to combine our agencies for the training, making it easier for the regionall representative.... two counties/one meeting. My idea, I like making things easier for everyone!

As I look ahead to the week, I know that it is pretty full. Lots of work today, clean house tonight, youngest daughter and grand-baby visiting tomorrow, church tomorrow night, work Thursday with Board meeting afterwards, Friday work then the fun begins....

My youngest daughter, Shelly, her husband, Chris, and my grand-baby, Aliyah, are moving to Indianapolis. They will be out there with my oldest daughter, Danielle, and her husband, Jeff. I am so happy for them all! Will I miss Shelly being 6 hours away now instead of 2? Why yes! It has been so nice to have her at least this close. BUT, we feel so good about this move/change. We know that it is good to have family around, and Shelly and Nellie (my short names for the girls!) will now have each other....they have lived apart since Nellie left for Bible College 7 years ago! WOW! Where did all the time go? I'm so glad that they will be able to be together again. It will just give me more reasons to take that Interstate 70 West that goes right to my girls!

So, this means that Jr and I will finish up work on Friday, head down to Proctorville, OH (where Shelly currently resides), help them pack up the U-haul, get a few hours sleep, get up at the "crack of dawn" on Saturday and begin our CONVOY. I call it that since we will have three vehicles (U-Haul, my car and Shelly's) rolling down the high-way. Aliyah "Sissy" will hopefully sleep most of the way, since we are hoping to get on the road early. It should take us between 5-6 hours to get there. Nellie and Jeff are excited and anxious to have the company for a while. We are so thankful for their love and hospitality extended to the family.

I have posted all this so that in the future, you may read my words, remember what happened, reminice about his move. You will know what I was thinkging, how I was feeling and be encouraged.

As I was writing my thoughts, I was reminded of the Word of God. How he allowed his feelings to be written so we can read his "heart" today. HE gave us such instruction and precious promises....

~ In my father's house are many mansions, if it were not true, I would have told you! I go to prepare a place for you... that where I am, ye may be also!

What precious promises! He wants me with him.... he is coming for me. I can read his "journal" and find out exactly how he feels. May my friends and family read mine and know how much they are loved, supported and cared for ....by me!

1 comment:

  1. Tomorrow's the big day!!! Take lots of pictures too, to remember this time. Safe and happy travels. :) Love ya.

    ReplyDelete