Thursday, August 6, 2009

A-B-C's


Right now I am in the air on my way to Dallas. My flight leaves at 7:20 AM from Columbus, layover in Memphis (where I pick up little sissy Lori) and off to Dallas by 11:00 AM.

I wrote this blog 'in advance' since I knew I would be in the air or waiting at an airport somewhere today. Yes, I will take lots of pictures and "chronicle" this journey for you! You can meet who I meet and see who I see... how cool is that?

So, when trying to figure out what to write, my dear friend and sister-in-law Karen, sent me this.

It is the A-B-C's of Friendship:

A Friend...
by: Author Unknown, Source Unknown
(A)ccepts you as you are
(B)elieves in "you"
(C)alls you just to say "HI"
(D)oesn't give up on you
(E)nvisions the whole of you (even the unfinished parts)
(F)orgives your mistakes
(G)ives unconditionally
(H)elps you
(I)nvites you over
(J)ust "be" with you
(K)eeps you close at heart
(L)oves you for who you are
(M)akes a difference in your life
(N)ever Judges
(O)ffer support
(P)icks you up
(Q)uiets your fears
(R)aises your spirits
(S)ays nice things about you
(T)ells you the truth when you need to hear it
(U)nderstands you
(V)alues you
(W)alks beside you
(X)-plains thing you don't understand
(Y)ells when you won't listen and
(Z)aps you back to reality

I LOVE this. It is so true and Biblical. If we have true love... the love of Christ, we will have the attributes to allow us to be this type of friend. I sure do desire this... want to be the best friend I can be! To not be "shallow" or "self-absorbed" I must have HIS love.

So, as you go about your day, try to be the best friend today you have ever been! I will too... let me know how it goes...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment