Thursday, October 29, 2009

My one and only...


Long before the movie phrase came out, "You complete me", my honey and I were living the concept. We are the other "part" of each other. He is my life partner and best friend. I want to introduce you to a very special guy, "my better half", Glenville Paul McBride, Jr.

Glen (Jr) is the cutest, sweetest, most honest, dependable, handsome "hunk" on the planet..... and I can say that because he is MINE! My one and only....



In this day and age, it is very old fashioned to say, but here I go..... we are faithful partners. So when I say, "My one and only", I mean that in EVERY sense of the word.

He "gets' me. He takes into consideration each part of my multi-faceted personality and embraces each one. Believe me, that is no small fete! I can be complex...and that has not scared him off. We have now been married 27 years! As of October 23rd. We are in it for the long haul... no exit options! I only say that because we "mutually" respect each other. Don't get me wrong, if someone is in a abusive or demeaning relationship, saying "goodbye" might be the best option for sanity. I'm just happy that for us, God helps the love and respect remain. A must for longevity in a relationship...

We've come through some tough times. All our days have not been sunny, but we have endured them "together". God's amazing love has been woven into our lives... He will forever be our "thread".

My job had me away on my Anniversary this year...I arrived home at 8 PM that evening. My honey had me some gorgeous roses waiting...



On Sunday, I made dinner at home (Taco Salad and Waldorf Fruit Salad). The day I realized that just "being together" was better than any Anniversary Dinner out or gift, was the day I became a happier person... the greatest joys are shared, not purchased!

Monday was the special day, though.... I came home from work and found my sweetie making HOMEMADE BISCUITS! All this time I thought I was the cook in the family! Just had to take these pictures... how adorable is that?





Through our years together, God has blessed us with two beautiful daughters, two great son-in-laws and a gorgeous grand-daughter. Truly blessed, we are!

Our song is "Just you and I" that was recorded by Eddie Rabbit and Crystal Gayle.

Just you and I sharing our love together
And I know in time we'll build the dreams we treasure
We'll be alright, Just you and I

And I, remember our first embrace
The smile that was on your face
the promises that we made
And now, your love is my reward
And I love you even more, than I ever did before

We made it, YOU AND I



As a young, single girl, I used to worry about finding a life partner. I asked God~ "How will I know? How can I pick a guy who will be with me for the rest of my life?" God let me know that my sweetie was the one... now, looking back, I'm so glad I listened... keep talking Lord, and leading us. We have trusted you this far and will continue to... thanks seems too small a word...

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a sweet post. I love the pics. You're both just darling. So thankful you have found each other and that you appreciate one another. It really is lovely to see and such a gift from God.

    Those biscuits looked delicious! I think he's been holding out on you with that one secret! Now the secret is OUT~ the man can COOK!!! :)

    Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - the sweetest love! Eddie Rabbitt was my first concert ;) hey I lived in Mississipoi and I was 19 married and a Mom! So thankful you found your one and only! God's greatest gift! ❤️

    ReplyDelete